Thursday, June 24, 2010

My tiny lil pleasures ......

Well ... I have always heard about how one should enjoy the tiny moments of life .... the simple pleasures... here are my favorite ... tiny practically insignificant things that always bring a smile on my face ...

- long hot showers
- looking at old family photos
- sitting on my terrace tank and do nothing but look at the moon and stars for hours
- play with the street dogs
- long walks in deserted roads in the middle of the night ((yeah I am weird :) ))
- Eating bajjis ((pakoras / fried veggies)) on the beach with friends
- drinking my regular coffee at my regular coffee joint
- the smell of hot instant noodles ....
- the smell of home-made ghee
- watching romantic movies and welling up at silly things
- doodling on ... well anything paper, walls, random dusty cars
- sleeping in on rainy days
- sleeping in any-day
- giving and receiving foot massages
- mum's sambar
- finding money unexpectedly in my pocket
- reading the comics section every sunday morning
- playing dorky board games
- smiling at strangers
- long bike rides on chilly- rainy days
- traffic free every morning drives
- warm blue-berry muffins .... mmmm
- good hair days :)
- a good gripping novel
- recieving random unexpected compliments ((Its kinda narcissistic and is definitely vanity ... but honestly it makes my day))
- phone calls from friends I haven't spoken to in a while
- the feel of warm clothes right out of the dryer
- not so thick curtains that make my room look a particular color every morning ... i keep changing it for different moods
- reminiscing about old time with close friends ((I feel so much older while writing this :P ))
- finally figuring out the lyrics of the song in my head

Come to think of it ... I love a lot of small pleasures ... and I can go on and on ..but I will stop rambling now .... sigh ... :)


8 comments:

Maya said...

playing wiht street dogs certianly tops my list.. i havent experienced anything more pleasurable

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Simply simple things & quite a few of them must be happening every day in life !!
What a nice way in enjoying life, God bless

Long time here
TC
CU

anusha said...

Uncommon Sense - it tops mine too ... pity there r no street dogs in Singapore... :( ..

CU - yeah, there is always something happening ever so often that makes one smile ... :)

Granny Annie said...

That is an uplifting list. Thanks for sharing.

bizarreville said...

woooww! thats a lot :P :P but yeah I rem you and your noodles!!!! i think the list really can go on and on and on.....

rohini said...

nice list...interesting ones..

Materialmom said...

foot massage - love it too

mens said...

a very amazing article, i just enjoyed my time here going through your blog, thanks for sharing it
______________________________
healthy life