Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Ahem.....

PROcrastination ...... I ve had a long term relationship wit it !!! saving things for th last min .. n then makin up excuses 2 myself .. so that i dont feel guilty !!! ... my dad always said.. my laziness is my biggest enemy .. n now .... I get his point ...... one might be a really wonderful person but when they choose their weakness over whats the right thing to do ... there's no point of being a nice person cos .. U r what u do not what u think ((though thoughts r important .. but what good is it if it cant be put in action ?? ... ))

There are few people who r really nice.. they think n care abt others.... they ve their own rights n wrongs ... n they kno for sure wat draws a line between them ... but its sad ... that these nice ppl ... r controlled by their laziness and procrastination  .... knowin wat has 2 b done is jus th 1st step.... blessed  those who know ...... but ... how sad is it .. that they dont do it .. jus cos it takes an extra effort 2 do th rt thing ?? wats th difference between them and the people who dont kno n dont care ?

I am 21 rt now... n i was thinking last night .. that ....i ve no rt  call myslf a gud person just cos i have done no wrong !!! jus cos i didnt hurt any1 ... or that i m not guilty ... doesnt mean m a good person .... thats jus how  normal person should be.... wat makes a gud person a notch or 1 above th normal 1 ..... 

Define - a nice/good person ??? ----

is it .. a person . who doesnt hurt any1 .... 
 a person who cares abt others 
a person who speaks his/her mind?
or a person who's conscious is clear ?????

Umm... arent all the things I just mentioned above the qualities that a normal person .. ((neither nice nor bad )) should have ??? ((and NO .... am not having a whats right and whats wrongs talk here .... cause .. hey .... it defers form one individual to another )) Ok ... lets assume ... there are three categories of people.... TYPE A - GOOD ... TYPE B - NORMAL.... TYPE C - PRE-OCCUPIED ....... 

lets go backwards... TYPE C ... deals with people who are trying go figure out their rights from wrongs .... finding a way to deal with people and control their anger/ego/pride..... there's nothing wrong with these people.... they are too busy with their life ... so they have no time to deal with anyone else's ... these are the people who find their life too complicated to handle... and hopefully ... they'll find a way to do so 

whereas TYPE B ..... they care about a bunch of people... have their circles.... family .... friends... they have their defined set of values and try their best to stick to it... they dont hurt people, consciously atleast ... and their conscious is .. well...... clear ....

TYPE A ...... these people.. are those who ... care n love ... beyond their family n friends circle... they go an extra mile 2 make sure that they dont hurt ... even ppl they hardly kno ... they might be lazy/angry ppl ... but they have learnt to control their weakness and get past it .... they think a lot ... but most of all they put their thoughts in2 action ..... 


well ..... Siiigh ...... I've a loooong way to go.... :|

17 comments:

ashish said...

is ther not a 4th category...the BAD...the ones who find pleasure in seeing others suffer..although they mite have evolved from the mentioned NORMAL persons category...but even they have justifications for watevr they do...after all everyone has the right to be happy...rite?

Tall Guy said...

You are quite a thinker making good observations!!

I too find myself being lazy at times, but then it depends on the task something that does not happen to our likings.

I don't think anyone would be counted as a good person. We are just human beings who like animals would do anything to protect their own interests.

Don't burden yourself just be yourself and go with the flow :)

Arnab Majumdar said...

Interesting post, quite thought provoking. I'd say that life, and people more specifically, are never that simple. You can't really classify them into watertight compartments like that... it's important to live life as it comes to you, 'coz in the end, that's what life is all about... living! So, don't worry, just try to do the right thing, and see how life turns out.

I just noticed how similar those words were to what my grandfather used to say to me :) hope his words helped... Cheers...

Lucifer said...

hmmm interestin...d thoughts startin from procrastination to definin a persons personality...

good...no idea...
bad...is easier to define...

its easier to blame than to appreciate isnt it??

n abt laziness...d less said by me d better :P

Materialmom said...

Now that u have confessed to the sin of procrastination, I s'pose you will atone by being GOOD and posting more often :)
Btw you look stunning in your profile pic :)

cm chap said...

Hey welcome back to blogging... I wondered several days why no updates... Good to see u back

Nice analysis... But any reason for such a philosophical analysis all on a sudden?

Priya said...

Think am a TYPE-B.. and I used to be a TYPE-C.. I will never upgrade to TYPE-A though :P

bizarreville said...

siiigghh! still contemplating which category i belong to! :(

anusha said...

Ashish - well .... I donnu about the bad ... guess I have no right to call anyone bad... N the ones that u have mentioned ... the people who enjoy watching others suffer ... well they are just pre-occupied ... not bad ... ((I feel bad is a very strong word :P ))


Yogesh - 1st of all ... thanks :D ... yeah ... I completely agree when u say that I should go with the flow... :) ... N I dis-agree when u say that no one's good.. I think everyone is good... just that they choose when to be so ... :)

Arnab - :) It did help ...

Mayz - well .... I donnu why am not very comfy using the term bad to describe people... I mean .. everyone has their own perception and who's to judge ??? and about the laziness ... cough cough ... U certainly have competition

Materialmom - Aaaaaaaaaaawwww thank u ((blush blush )) ...

Cm-Chap - well I wasnt in town ... and I tend to procrastinate :P .. U know those people who sit on their terrace tank top gazing at the stars not doing anything useful and thinking for no reason at all ... Am one of them :P

Priya - Guess its the same with all of us :)

Sara - aaaawww sweety .... its okay .. U have loads of time to figure out :D

Urv said...

After writing the post on Trinaa's blog, I got to know quite a few new bloggers. I was going to do some blog hopping once I had some time. But your comment on the tag made me come here straight away :)

I am assuming you are a F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan :)

Its a good thing u didn't label people in a 'bad' category.. coz I believe no one is bad.. Its just that some people act n do things thinking more about themselves.. Situations, surroundings also play a role in that..

ruggedboy said...

hello miss priya
if someone is bad he is bad but is speaking about him errr aaa aammmm considered back biting did someone raise their handup in the last row their dunno !!!!
however demystifying procastinators is a rarity for people and u went on to classify them which i mostly agree with to a great extend but we all love to talk of a more +ve virtue in detail unlike say something on lines of a procastinator however a good effort since it is some muc tough to think so hard on something so sluggish by nature he he caio

ruggedboy said...

correction their u are anusha and i wrote ur name as priya my apologises their
RB

Compassion Unlimitted said...

Hi, first time here & happy to be here too..
Procrastination in younger years is quite ok.. once, into the mainstream of life, life itself takes care, meaning Procrastination simply starts fading..So for you, long way to go!!
Nice description on various categories.. I feel only the evolved can be in A..& perhaps nothing wrong in being B & C..after all ,as long as ,one doesnt harm anyone ,I think its perfect
Nice Post
TC
CU

Anonymous said...

nice blog. Are you the same Rao who is slightly cracked....

anusha said...

URV -
not just a F.R.I.E.N.D.S fan ... A die hard fan :D .. yeah personally I don't feel anyone is bad either...Plus i have no authority to judge.


RUGGEDBOY -

Ummm .... well bad is bad but I am not qualified enough to judge between good and bad so ... its better I keep mum about it :)

Compassion Unlimited -
Hopefully mine will start fading too :)

And Anonymous - "Same Rao " ... do I know you ??

CRD said...

boy! i guess i can figure in all 3 categories at different times.

Procrastination?? Well, there's something adventurous about doing things at the last minute, no? :P Im an adventurer myself :P

Cheers
CRD

do visit my blog

www.scriptedinsanity.blogspot.com

SHASHANK said...

dnt knw how i got to ur blog bt it ws quite a nice experience to go through it..well talkin abt it,i guess the thoughts r deep n true to an extent bt i feel circumstances really define wat you do or wat u miss doinn..specially wen it cums to things like followin ur dream or getin an opportunity to do wat u always wanted,i dnt think ne1 wld be taken ova by their lazyness or wld delay or keep wat has to be done for d last moment..coz if he really does,he dsnt deserve to dream in d first place..actions speak louder than words even thoughts..i totlly agree on dat...well written!!cheers!